Entitlement Trading

We offer advice on the sale, purchase or lease of Basic Payment Entitlements (Entitlement Trading).

Areas of land on a farm frequently change whether it is through a sale or purchase, the taking on or the loss of a tenancy or even the change of use of part of a field. These scenarios frequently result in either a need to buy entitlements to cover additional land or to sell them as they would be surplus to requirements and at risk of being lost to the National Reserve due to the BPS entitlement “Use-by” rules.

Carver Knowles act as an intermediary matching potential buyers and sellers, handling all the relevant paperwork and all the financial transactions through our RICS approved Client Account. This enables both the buyer and seller to have peace of mind that their money is safe until the deal is confirmed as complete by the Rural Payments Agency.

Our Entitlement Trading services include:

  • Matching buyers and sellers and negotiation of entitlement transfers
  • Completion of all entitlement transfer documentation, including submission to the Rural Payments Agency (RPA)
  • Advice on buying or selling Entitlement including market values
  • Advice on the advantages and disadvantages of buying, selling or leasing Entitlement depending on your particular circumstances
  • General Basic Payment Scheme advice (please click here)


Entitlements Currently Available

Type Status Hectares Available Guide Price / Ha VAT Status

If you are looking to buy or sell entitlement call us now on 01684 853 400.

Key Contacts

Andrew Troughton

01684 853 406

Quick Enquiry