Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, Carver Knowles can help with everything from drafting up new tenancy agreements to contract farming arrangements.
We have an association with the NFU as Panel Surveyors and TFA as Recommended Agents and keep up to date with the ever-changing legislation. We believe that being able to apply practical hands on experience to tenancy issues ensures we put forward the case strongly and definitively to give the best outcome.
Although the lettings market changed dramatically with the introduction of the Agricultural Tenancies Act in 1995, there are still a number of 1986 Agricultural Holdings Act protected tenancies running today with full succession rights. We can help you with:
- Rent review negotiations, dilapidation claims and succession planning and general day-to-day management and serving Notices.
- We can also take on arbitration or lands Tribunal cases which require a detailed understanding of the law as well as farming.
- Farm Business Tenancies are increasing as new farmers or expanding businesses take on bare land or farms. Let us help you negotiate successfully so you can get on with the business of farming.
- Letting out a cottage, office or business unit? We can help you negotiate the right agreement and navigate through the relevant landlord and tenant legislation to ensure you have a watertight, new agreement in place for commercial, equestrian or residential purposes.
- Contract Farming arrangements are a useful tool for farmers who may want to take a bit of a back seat and likewise they give a lifeline to those starting out in the business who can’t afford the outlay of buying land, or winning a Farm Business Tenancy tender.Let us show you how you can benefit from this tax-saving arrangement.
- We often help farmers completing tenders for land and farms. Our support is based around the applicants ideas and proposal as landlords or their agents often like to see that the prospective tenant and not his or her agent understands the detail. We have a Farm Tender Business Plan that we use to stimulate the basis of the application and then work with the applicant to develop this.